Monday, 2 April 2012

Ethical Leadership

Last week Myra and I attended a 'Think-piece' on ethical and authentic leadership.  Ethical Leadership is underpinned by decision making to do with the good of the organization not the leader or individual.  It requires the school leader to consider the greater good for all students and teachers in the school. 

The need has arisen for this to be a priority because of the huge impact of unethical leadership on the world economies and therefore us as individuals.  As school leaders we all need to model ethical leadership and be role-models to our students to reserve the disturbing unethical trend which emerging in world leadership.
How are we modelling ethical thinking and action in our leadership and interaction in our school and community?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marcus
    It certainly was a thought provoking session for me as well. I found the question "what values underpin my thinking now?" to be a real challenge already, and one I have noticed creeping into my brain at times recently.

    ReplyDelete