Tuesday, 21 August 2012

E-learning and teacher engagement and learning



There is a lot of anecdotal evidence at Vardon School that the e-learning strategies the teachers are using has lead to an increase in  engagement and motivation for the students.  I think the same could be said for teachers.  I have been wondering how the teacher perception of themselves as a learner might have changed since we have started exploring and implementing e-learning. 

New technologies and resources we are now using have required teachers to rethink how teaching and learning looks in their classes.  The changes have required teachers to reflect on their 'original practice' and consider what changes they need to make to embrace the tools we are using.  The act of reflection and change leads to an on going cycle.  This is maintained by the continual introduction of new technologies and e-resources and the adaptation  pedagogy to include them.  How does this change the teacher view of themselves as a learner?


1 comment:

  1. I guess for me I started my ICT journey at the same time as learning to be a quality teacher in all areas. I certainly feel a lot more confident in using the various tools and quickly realised last year how luck I am to be in a school that values ICT. As we are a lot further through the process compared with other schools which has meant that I have been exposed to these tools along with the kids I teach. I have experimented with various tools with my class and seen their confidence grow. I also think throughout this process it has been important to praise my ICT/Techsperx's who share back once a week what they have learnt in their club and use them to help teach me as well as the class the new tools they have discovered.
    The individual and class blogs have been great to get non-motivated writers writing and to reflect on their learning. While they do need learn the art of reflection before being successful on their blogs they are all really proud of their blogs and being able to showcase their learning progress.

    ReplyDelete