Tuesday, 4 December 2012


When I read Derek Wenmoth's Blog which talked 21st Century Literacy I was reaffirmed with the work we are doing with our learners, students and teachers at Vardon School.  Wenmoth's identified the following competencies as important for learners:
 
  • Develop proficiency with the tools of technology 
     
  • Build relationships with others to pose and solve problems collaboratively and cross-culturally 
     
  • Design and share information for global communities to meet a variety of purposes 
     
  • Manage, analyze and synthesize multiple streams of simultaneous information 
     
  • Create, critique, analyze, and evaluate multi-media texts 
     
  • Attend to the ethical responsibilities required by these complex environments

 I know personally I have made huge progress in all of the above areas this year and I still have along way to go.  I am reminded of this whenever I get one of my Year 6 students to come help me do something on line.  I'm comfortable with this though.  We figured out long ago that the teacher isn't the holder of all knowledge and that anyone can be a teacher or learner at Vardon School. 

I am also really pleased with the approach we have used to promote and implement e-learning with our teachers.  There was a real danger that what we learned at 'Learning at Schools' could become a distant memory. Because we are constantly revisiting and everyone has led learning the momentum hasn't been lost.  We have also taken the time to think about what is important at Vardon School which has been a great filter for our learning.

I think e-learning is a journey will never end, it is only limited by our imaginations.  As long as we are still prepared to be creative and open to challenges to our current thinking I am confident we will keep taking on new ideas and approach to enhance teaching and learning

No comments:

Post a Comment