Thursday, 30 June 2011

Horsham Downs Visit

Thanks to those of you who allowed us to show Phil, Claire & Andrew from Horsham Downs School what you are doing with ICT in your rooms.  They were impressed with what they saw and where we are going with IT.
Claire asked an interesting question: "If we did it again would we invest in IWBs or 6 computers per class, which delivers better outcomes for learners?"
I good question I thought... but I'm sure of the answer.
I am interested to hear what those of you with interactive technology think.  Are we better investing in multiple computers or in IWBs, or both?

Thanks

Marcus

2 comments:

  1. I think both! IWB's and computers have different purposes within the classroom and within teaching programmes. IWB's are great for modeling and getting chn hands-on with learning. The positives of IWB's are endless (in my opinion).
    Computers, or in our case soon to be netbooks per class, will be a wonderul tool for group work, adding refelctions to e-portfolios, on-line learning sites, uploading snaphots of learning, etc... this also has endless positives for improving student learning!!
    so... I defintately believe both IWB's and computers will work beautifuly together!! I can't wait to try it out!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Marcelle. There are lots of activities and learning opportunities that are for an individual and the IWB can be distracting for the rest of the class,if they are not all supposed to be looking at it. I guess the workstation has advantages, in that you can position it to be more unobtrusive but I wouldn't want to give up Rm 2's IWB! Of course having the net books will allow for more individualised work on the computer. Exciting!!

    ReplyDelete